Deputy Project Manager (Job Number:436791)
Job Description: The Department of State Aviation Wing Enterprise System (AWES) 2020 program is focused on delivering a comprehensive Aviation management information system to support the needs of DOS INL/A. AWES 2020 will support three primary functions: Flight Operations, Aircraft Maintenance, and Logistics Management. In addition to these primary functions, AWES 2020 will include functionality to support the following ancillary functional areas: Training, Safety, Quality Assurance, Security, Finance, and Program Management. AWES 2020 will also provide cross- functional support for workforce management, personnel training and certification management, content management, reporting, and dashboards.
SAIC will be developing the new AWES 2020 system utilizing an integrated team consisting of both aviation industry and WASS program subject matter experts (SMEs) and application developers. We will be utilizing this team and our long-term aviation MRO and airline operations knowledge and experience to assess WASS operational needs and the proposed and available COTS applications, design a secure MIS platform architecture, and integrate the selected COTS applications into a functioning MIS.
- Overall architecture design and delivery.
- Manage the team of other architects.
- Need to be able to work with different groups and have a vision.
- Leading Systems integration and software Development, Cloud, and architecture team.
- Provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for basic business process engagements.
- Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics
- Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks.
- Plans and implements process improvements, including: future state design, change management, and transition planning. Interfaces with all areas of Project including customer, computer services, and client services.
- May coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience.
Experience leading teams of 3-4 analysts including priority-setting, planning, managing, and allocating resources.
Experience deriving complex IT system requirements from end users and subject matter experts.
Experience developing and executing requirements analysis projects.
Experience evaluating and scoring products against requirements.
Desired experience in aviation maintenance, planning, logistics systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 29, 2018, 6:40:44 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PALM BAY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job