OPIR Spacecraft Engineer (Job Number:437105)
- SAIC is currently looking for an experienced Spacecraft Engineer to provide Systems Engineering support on the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Technical Services (STS) contract to the SMC Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Directorate.
- The RS Directorate is responsible for the Air Force?s Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring space and ground systems across the full development and operational lifecycle.
- The selected candidate will support the acquisition of the Next Generation OPIR space vehicle/satellite system and will also be an integral participant in supporting the subsystem test and integration, and spacecraft and payload integration into the satellite and system.
- Subsystems are structure, mechanisms, propulsion, electrical, thermal, communication, and command and data handling.
- Key areas of focus include the integration of lower level assemblies and performance testing.
- Provide an oversight of the design, manufacturing, assembly, and integration and test activities of the spacecraft subsystems and spacecraft for a major satellite program.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution, and systems engineering.
- Assess viability from a programmatic and technical execution perspective.
- Monitor spacecraft design and development, provide independent assessments, and recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and assess design and supporting analysis.
- Be able to evaluate design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Develop and review technical requirements, translate technical requirements into work packages, manage Modeling and Simulation activities, and develop schedule management to deliver an end product.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience -OR- Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience -OR- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributed to development of new principles and concepts.
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Exercised independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
- Must possess Top Secret.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI (active clearance preferred).
- Experience working in a systems engineering and technical support (SETA) role.
- Experience in satellite unit, subsystem, system, and satellite level electrical, mechanical, and performance testing.
- Payload and Satellite hardware and software design, development, integration & test experience.
- Experience in Systems Engineering of Space Systems programs.
- Knowledge of OPIR Systems (preferred).
- Knowledge of Environmental Monitoring/Weather Systems (preferred).
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition processes (preferred).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2018, 2:09:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job