Senior Java Developer (Job Number:437106)
- SAIC has an opening for a senior-level Java Developer for the PDSS team in Millington, TN.
- This fulltime position will support the Navy Personnel Command for program support of the EMPRS and BUPERS On-line systems.
- The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop software in web or thin client environments.
- Candidate will interface with end-users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must.
- Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
- Maintain, develop, and integrate multi-tiered Java based applications supporting Navy Personnel Command projects.
- Develop software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Utilize established design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation standards.
- Update data dictionaries and structure models.
- Support system components including services and user screens.
- Assisting with system testing.
- Support application and System deployment.
- Troubleshooting of data related problems, including performance and concurrency.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5+ years' related experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have 5+ years development including Java and experience as a team lead.
- This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including: avaEE, specifically Struts, Applets, JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, JDBC, and JMS XML with DOM, SAX, JAX-B, XSLT, and XML schema.
- Relational databases with stored procedures, functions, database design, and database modeling; IBM DB2 is preferred.
- Experience with Eclipse based tools, specifically IBM Rational Application Builder preferred.
- Communication skills, both written and oral, with other company personnel and customers.
- Java application server with knowledge of administration and internals; IBM WebSphere is preferred.
- Experience with IBM Rational Application Developer 9.1.1 preferred.
- Experience with writing and maintain Python/Jython build and deployment scripts desired.
- Experience with IBM Content Manager and/or FileNet desired.
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS desired.
- Experience with Windows command line with batch files, and PowerShell desired.
- Experience with stored procedures and functions, database design, and data modeling.
- Experience with Test-driven development (TDD) and Behavior-driven development (BDD) using isolation frameworks for mocking.
- Experience with or knowledge of Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Experience with java Swing and drawing APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net and C#.
- Ability to provide technical knowledge and assistance to other team members.
- Familiarity with DOD networks, specifically the U.S. Navy is a plus.
- Department of the Navy (DoN) experience desired but not required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. This position requires a background check and that the candidate currently be and remain eligible for a SECRET clearance.
- Information Security Certification: Prior to the hire date, the candidate must possess a Security+ certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2018, 1:20:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-MILLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job