full-time employee contract
Are you crazy about Cloud? Do you have a passion to streamline, automate, and build better applications on AWS and Azure? Do you enjoy working with a team, yet are able to be autonomous? ManTech is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Cloud Migration Team. We are on a mission to build better applications for our nation’s military services and we need your help.
We are looking for someone who can analyze existing application code, on both .NET and Java platforms, and re-write the code to leverage the many PaaS solutions on each CSP. You’ll be challenged with external dependencies, custom solutions, and strict security controls. We would prefer that you’re familiar with common DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Team Foundation Services, CSP CLI’s, and containers.
You’ll be expected to work in an Agile Development environment with a team of Architects, DevOps Engineers, and DBA’s to pull together a solution on budget, and on time. Our optimal candidate must be customer savvy and be capable of working in a team approach to execution and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You’ll also be expected to be an integral part of the proposal and deliverable team.
You need be willing to learn other development platforms and motivated to learn new technologies. We want you to take those CSP certifications and we’ll provide training to help you get there.
We are a team of people who love all things Cloud. We have experience as Architects, DevOps Engineers, and Developers. We are pushing to build a well-oiled migration machine to churn out quality applications for our Nation’s Military. We come from a variety of backgrounds with experience in all shapes and sizes of engagements.
Required Experience / Skills:
· Have quantifiable experience with AWS and Azure Cloud as a Developer.
· Proficiency with Microsoft .NET Framework
· Proficiency with Java expertise (JDK 7+)
· Extensive experience with software design fundamentals and design patterns
· Experience with build tools
· Experience with CI/CD pipeline technologies
· Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services Architecture
· Experience working with open source frameworks
· Significant experience with tuning and refactoring code, and assessing the impact of architectural decisions on performance and scalability
· Source control experience with Git / Subversion (e.g., branching, merging)
· Security+ CE Certification
· Azure/AWS Certification
· Currently possess or able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance