Chief Security Engineer (Job Number:437209)
- Science Applications International Corporation?s (SAIC?s) Vanguard Program currently has an opening for a Chief Security Engineer.
- Vanguard 2.2.1 supports the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM).
- The Program ? Vanguard 2.2.1 (V2.2.1) ? provides support for the Department?s worldwide IT Enterprise including: servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/Security engineering.
- This position reports directly to the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program Manager and is responsible for all Security architecture and IA support.
- The Chief Security Engineer provides Security engineering support across the DOS IT Enterprise.
- This position supports the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process and provides A&A SMEs who work collaboratively with system owners to create the system owner A&A packages; and provides Security-engineering guidance to help ensure that Security is "baked in" to all V2.2.1 work, works to identify critical information Security issues across the organization, and brings those issues to the attention of appropriate stakeholders and system owners.
- Our program Security team also supports not only the operational enterprise but also a series of Design, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) projects supporting enterprise evolution.
- Setting strategy for Information Assurance (IA) support functions including risk assessment, risk management, Security control assessment, A&A SME support, continuous monitoring, service design, and general IA program support functions.
- Setting strategy of Security engineering functions including matrixed Security-engineering support to projects, identification of Security issues throughout the enterprise and recommendations to remediate those issues, and SME support for Security architecture.
- Management of a team of up to 60 staff members.
- Developing staffing plans and associated budgets, maintaining control accounts within budget, and reporting on variances.
- Day-to-day interaction with customer contacts within IRM and IRM/IA.
- Interaction as required with other customer contacts including highest levels of IRM and IRM/IA, and other Department of State offices.
- Overall office management including interaction with and reporting to program and SAIC management.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or an allied discipline in engineering or the sciences, or equivalent + 18 years experience.
- At least 15+ years in increasingly complex Security management positions leading a multi-functional IT Security team/organization.
- Knowledge and experience on operating and maintaining critical infrastructures.
- Experience in the management and supervision of a number of IT Security staff.
- Demonstrated project management capability including budget responsibilities
? Demonstrated ability to quantify and reduce risk to enterprise information systems.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials.
- Demonstrated long range planning ability.
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or comparable certification.
- ITIL certificate.
? Must have an active Secret Security clearance with Top Secret eligibility
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure design and engineering; up-to- date knowledge of current and emerging network Security and infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in securing critical infrastructures of a nature similar in size and scope of the DOS Enterprise.
- Master of Science in computer science or an allied discipline in engineering or the sciences.
- ITIL v3 intermediate certification(s).
- (ISC)2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or comparable certificate.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2018, 11:34:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job