MSI Operations Security Incident Coordinator (Job Number:437162)
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state?s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state?s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth?s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Security Incident Coordinator to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. This role on the program is accountable for operational Security management functions in a multi-supplier environment. Essential duties of this position include:
- Coordinate with other suppliers including the Managed Security Services supplier for the response, evaluation, and remediation of Security incidents, alerts, forensic investigations, and vulnerability remediation.
- Provide administration of Security data log collection tools and integration with other Suppliers
- Provide administration of Security vulnerability detection systems and integration with other Suppliers
- Maintain technical and compliance play books, and documentation.
- Support Security Training planning and provide oversight for staff and Supplier training to maintain compliance with Commonwealth and IT Infrastructure (ITISP) requirements
The Security Incident Coordinator performs a critical role ensuring that the technology underpinning supporting IT support processes and workflows are working effectively, reliably, and efficiently to meet service objectives and customer expectations. You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, coordinate with multiple suppliers, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to research and analyze cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements. The Security Incident Coordinator will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet Security objectives.
Background / Experience
- Provides support to coordinate and implement the organization?s information Security.
- Provides support for monitoring events and ongoing Security activities
- Knowledge and understanding of management tools used to detect most anomalies within the infrastructure
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident response, IDS/IPS, Endpoint systems, firewalls, sensors, routers/switches
- Supports efforts of Security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to Security requirements
- Supports implementation and development of the MSI Security detection protocols.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about existing Security products, and ongoing programs.
- A working knowledge of Security practices and procedures; knowledge of current Security tools available; hardware/software Security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology.
Education / Certifications / Other
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience; HS and 4 additional years of experience can be substituted
- Bachelors degree preferred
- ITIL certification preferred (Foundation or above)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Possess Security certifications preferred (CISSP, Security+, IAT certification)
- Operational Knowledge of the following preferred: ServiceNow, Splunk, Tenable Nessus, Sailpoint, CyberArk
- Strong skills with: MS Office products and Microsoft SharePoint
- Possess knowledge and/or experience with two or more of the following, preferred:
- Endpoint Security
- Tenable Nessus
- Active Directory
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2018, 8:43:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job