Scrum Master/Project Manager (Job Number:437141)
SAIC is looking for a Scrum Master/Project Manager that will provide effective leadership, collaboration, and facilitation supporting the agile development for a study and prototype development project with a Federal government agency. Will lead of developers to task completion and execute all Scrum activities.
- Serve as project manager leading the team in the daily project activities.
- Serve as the Scrum Master to organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Support agile-based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices.
- Act as liaison between development team, customer organization, and the IT organization.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams.
- Prepare and submit reports and other deliverables
- Bachelors degree (experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 9 years' Project Management experience
- Certified Scrum Master with at least one year of Scrum Master experience
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally) as an tracking tool
- Previous software development experience with Java and J2EE web-based applications
- Experience working with agile methodologies on a technically complex projects for a large enterprise
- Ability to prioritize and handle changing deadlines
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional reporting skills
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams in a fast paced environment
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Ability to establish rapport with the customer and respond to requests in a professional manner
- All qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2018, 10:44:31 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job