Network Engineer (Job Number:437259)
The Senior Network Engineer shall work with CBIIT to implement and maintain tools such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) solution. CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency. solution, Network Access Control (NAC), and provide a liaison to conduct security assessments.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of large data communications or telecommunications networks.
- Plans and monitors the installation of communications circuits.
- Manage and monitor local area networks and associated equipment (e.g., bridges, routers, modem pools, and gateways)
- Conducts short and long-term plan to meet c communications requirements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of LANs/WANs using hub switching and router technology.
- Performs hardware/software analyses to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment.
- Prepares tradeoff studies and evaluations for vendor equipment.
- Generates network monitoring/performance report, for LAN/WAN utilization studies.
- Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Senior Network Engineer shall have experience and proficiency in using, but not limited to, the latest versions of the following tools and software: Extreme Networks Extreme Management Center (formerly NetSight) Console version; Inventory Manager version; One Fabric version; One View version; Policy Manager version; NAC Manager version; Cacti; F5 BigIQ; Infoblox DNS, DHCP, & IPAM(DDI); and Reporting Appliance, Network Insight, & IPAM for Microsoft.
- Extreme Certified Architect Extreme certified Network Associate Extreme Certified Expert ITIL Foundation
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 6:30:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job