Database Administrator (Job Number:437264)
Senior DBA manager responsible for a service team, which provides managed database platforms, database backup and recovery, and database management services including database hosting and support for relational database management system (RDBMS), and non-SQL databases, similar systems (such as XML based databases), and associated application server software.
- Database hosting and support service for agency projects as an integral part of a hosting environment for overall application development, testing, and production operation.
- Provide a scalable database platform and database management that provides required performance, reliability, and functionality, and ensure data integrity, database security, compliance, and avoidance of preventable outages and iagencydents.
- Supports users for migrating or upgrading the existing databases, or implementing new ones.
- Database support for Oracle, MySQL, SQL server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, FileMaker Pro server, MongoDB, and other database technologies.
- Ensure services meet the demands of agency researchers, extramural support staff and business administrators for both simple and specialized high-performance database systems
- Provide efficiency and quality of database support to customers and users, and to achieve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- Database Hosting: CBIIT provisions and maintains database instances or containers including database software installation, configuration, maintenance, patches, and upgrades; CBIIT performs database implementation and deployment, and implementation and management of replication or standby databases; and CBIIT also provides database analysis services including, but are not limited to, capacity and infrastructure analysis and planning, database performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Database Backup and Disaster Recovery: CBIIT captures full database backup and weekly differential backups consisting of additive copies of files that have changed, and daily incremental backups that capture any changes to data after the most recent backup CBIIT restores data based on last known good date within the backup retention period.
- Database Support and Technical Consultation: CBIIT provides database technical consultation to support NCI projects This includes technical consultation and support for physical database design and implementation, application database performance tuning, application data migration, data loading, data integrity, data security, and end-user and application developer support.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the management policies and practices adopted and implemented by CBIIT is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with HHS EPLC management methodology CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- 5+ years of related technical and managerial experience in a US Government civilian agency supporting the full range of database infrastructure.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Oracle, MySQL, SQL server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, FileMaker Pro server, MongoDB, and other similar database technologies.
- Preferred: Oracle Database Administrator Certified Master
- Required: ITIL Foundation Certification Required. Intermediate ITIL Certification(s) preferred. DBA specific certifications preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 6:28:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job