Knowledge Manager (Job Number:437257)
CBIIT/IITOB's knowledge management process aims to create, edit, and view knowledge articles (e.g. policies, release notes, technical SOPs, How-Tos), and allow sharing of information related to IT across the agency CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency. CBIIT's Infrastructure and Information Technology Operations Branch (IITOB) provides the appropriate use of information technology and infrastructure that exemplifies commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, and professionalism, and results in optimal support of the agency's Mission. Via knowledge management, IT support staff can search as well as create knowledge articles while resolving issues, and customers of IT services may be able to find answers and resolve problems themselves without submitting IT support tickets, thus improving overall productivity of IT support staff as well as customers and reduce costs
- Assist the federal knowledge management process owner in design and implementing enhancements to the Knowledge Management process, plan, and procedures;
- The Knowledge Manager shall ensure KM process and SOPs are properly communicated and executed;
- Ensure integration of the KM process in the IT support SOPs in the creation and maintenance of the knowledge articles while resolving issues and creating new solutions; and
- Ensure knowledge articles stored in the Knowledge Management Database are kept up-to-date and accurate and leveraged and integrated with other ITIL processes (e.g. Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Asset, etc.).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- Bachelor's degree in Knowledge Management or a relevant discipline
- 3+ years' experience of Knowledge Management work experience supporting federal civilian agency.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and updating knowledge management strategy, plans, assessments, and trainings.
- Prior experience working for/on federal client sites
- Experience using ITIL v3 framework to manage knowledge management operations is highly desired.
- Required: ITIL Foundations Certification Required. Intermediate Level required. ITIL Expert desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 1:29:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job