If you?re experienced in all things required to build the front end of a custom web portal and want to stay at the forefront of driving efficiency in application development and innovative infrastructure deployment processes, then consider joining our team. You will help our client, a large, government scientific and biomedical research agency, by creating a custom web portal to deliver infrastructure services in support of custom scientific applications.
We are looking for a talented and experienced front end software engineer who can design and implement the front-end components of a custom web portal. The web portal is the single pane of glass for a custom platform as a service for delivering and consuming infrastructure services. In this role, you?ll focus on the front end development of the web portal to programmatically tie together infrastructure services for a dynamic user experience.
You?ll work independently as the only front end engineer on the team but will collaborate extensively with your teammates, specifically the back end engineers, and our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position will require experience implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing and building the front-end components of a custom web portal.
- Incorporating automated UI and functional testing in deployment pipelines
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B.S. Degree and two years related experience or a MS degree or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience using frameworks, such as Angular JS (both old and new versions)
- Good understanding of AWS cloud services. (different services and how they work and at a minimum have tested a few on your own.)
- Experience analyzing solutions components, understanding systems integration challenges, and identifying technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements in a cloud infrastructure.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of event driven design patterns
- Knowledge of common web 2.0 authentication methodologies, such as SAML and OAuth2
- Able to clearly present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of the custom portal you are creating.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. You can design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers, and you know when to use JSON or XML.
- Experience with cross-browser development.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results) and like being a part of a team working with other clever and motivated engineers.
- Be a great communicator and capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the ?why? behind complicated technical decisions.
- Be open to good ideas (wherever they come from) and not afraid to roll-up your sleeves.
- A commitment to best practices. We?ll want your opinions on how best to architect the portal, what code branching strategies fit best with how the team works, and more.
- The position is based in our clients office in Rockville, MD.
- Eligible to telework up to two days a week after three months employment.