CSRA is currently looking for a SATCOM SME in support of AFRICOM in Stuttgart, Germany. Must have a current and active TS/SCI clearance.
The SATCOM SME will maintain smooth operations of local area, worldwide, and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, designs, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that includes selection and recommendation of hardware and software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities /Among the responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to DISA and its supported end users. Personnel shall provide subject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Directly involved in network configurations, system monitoring, remote terminal activation, customer problem track-ing, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Com-munications.
- Responsible for build-outs and maintenance of the IP infrastructure, using iDirect, Linkway, and Advantech technol-ogy and be familiar with a number of application monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring System (NMS), VX Builder, VX Watch, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), Viasat VINE Manager, iBuilder, iMonitor and iSite..
- Provide written reports (trouble tickets, outage reports) as required by mission protocol.
- Provide support on an on call basis and could be asked to report in for emergency operations. This position requires shift work.
- Manage and configure various equipment at the DOD Gateways located at various sites around the world. Responsible for configuring assorted telecommunications equipment including; iDirect, Linkway, and Advantech IP Modems, IP switches and routers, Cisco Call Managers, voice switches, KG equipment, frequency converters, and other equipment IAW with established parameters, TTPs and SOPs.
- Responsible for creating modem configuration files, switch and router configuration files, and voice equipment con-figurations.
- Responsible for remotely accessing and de-accessing users into the IP/SATCOM networks and assist users with troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems.
- Associate Degree + 7 of recent specialized experience, OR; A BS +A3 yrs of recent specialized experience, OR, A Major Certification plus 7 yrs of recent specialized experience OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- US citizenship
- Must have a current and active TS/SCI.
- TESA Accreditation