District of Columbia
Candidate will provide direct support to the PEO Aircraft Carriers Program Manager, performing standard, advanced, and confidential general administrative functions for upper management in an extremely fast paced and demanding environment. The ideal candidate will have experience directly supporting Flag Level and/or senior executives, preferably within NAVSEA or the Navy. This person must be effective at managing schedules, calendars, arrange travel utilizing Defense Travel System (DTS), and who the client can rely on to be in the office consistently. The ability to work under pressure while keeping a cool head is critical. Attention to detail, organization, and proactive solutions-driven work ethic, with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision are essential.
Candidate is expected to be fully engaged at all times, and possess the knowledge, skills and awareness required to manage the PM and DPM?s schedule/calendar and carry out other administrative duties with minimal direct supervision. Candidate must be alert and attentive to what is happening around them at all times in order to be aware of emergent meeting needs, schedule changes, unscheduled taskings, etc., in order to be effective in their role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries; coordinated related arrangements and materials accordingly. Will be expected to prioritize calendar items as needed.
- Maintain and organize office operations and procedures such as information management, filing system, requisition of supplies, and other administrative services.
- Answer and screen calls; research more complex inquiries, and respond or escalate inquiry as appropriate.
- Arrange travel utilizing Defense Travel System.
- Handle and process information of a highly confidential and critical nature, ensuring that information remains confidential. ·
- Prepare reports, manuals, agendas, and correspondence by obtaining, assembling, and analyzing complex information and data from a wide variety of sources.
- Compose routine correspondence and memoranda.
- Prepare, compile presentation materials to assist upper management in meetings and discussions; coordinate meetings; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conduct special projects as needed, such as Program events and activities.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- College degree in a related field preferred