ACV 1.1 Vehicle Operator-Camp Pendleton, CA (Job Number:437176)
- Candidate will serve as Vehicle Operator/Crewman of wheeled amphibious vehicles in support of the USMC Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) 1.1 program.
- Crews will operate ACV vehicles during Developmental Testing at Camp Pendleton CA, Fort Greely Alaska, and possible other locations both within and outside of CONUS.
- Candidate will be responsible for execution of all crew-level functions from operating to conducting preventative maintenance and supporting corrective maintenance.
- Candidate will be responsible to support amphibious ship test events, water mobility test events, land mobility test events, firepower test events, communication test events, climatic extremes testing, and Reliability Growth Testing at multiple test sites within CONUS and Alaska.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of USMC amphibious vehicles required; specifically USMC MOS 1833 highly desired.
- USMC MOS 2141 AAV Mechanic, MOS 0311 LAV Crewman, and MOS 2147 LAV Mechanic will also be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4 years work experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; courtesy and tact is required to support exchange of information with government personnel (military, civilian, and government support contractors).
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain PADI Openwater (SCUBA) certification
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- **This position is contingent upon contract award and is for a period of six to 18 months***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 2:09:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMP PENDLETON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job