The Mechanical Integration Procurement Team is looking for an experienced Principal Subcontract Specialist or a Senior Subcontract Specialist to lead in the sourcing and acquisition of materials and services, manage supplier performance and manage the entire subcontract purchase order life cycle for DoD, FMS, and DCS customers.
Sr. Subcontract Management professional responsible for the programmatic associated with the sourcing and execution of major subcontracts. This position is part of the Mechanical Integration Team. Candidate will be responsible for managing subcontracts and the relationship with several detector suppliers supporting various programs.
Sr. Subcontract Managers are the enterprise focal point for the integration of technology roadmaps and supplier strategies in support of specific program objectives. In this capacity, they are responsible for identifying potential sources, evaluating supplier capabilities, executing subcontracts, and managing post-award administration to achieve program objectives. Sr. Subcontract Managers lead formal negotiations for subcontracts with significant contractual, financial and technical complexity. In this capacity they are responsible for executing subcontracts that comply with Raytheon purchasing processes and systems, as well as FAR/DFAR regulations.
The Sr. Subcontract Manager is accountable for supplier performance. They are responsible for managing their Supplier's critical path in support of key program milestones. The Sr. Subcontract Manager coordinates with the Program Integrated Product Team and Engineering to oversee supplier risk, performance and improvement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements (technical and quality) to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
- Preparation and issuance of solicitations (RFQs, RFPs and RFIs)
- Understand and be able to work with certified cost and pricing data during the proposal and subcontract phases of the procurement life cycle
- Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms & Conditions)
- Issuing purchase orders other than fixed price (i.e. Time and Material, Cost Plus)
- Where applicable, establish strategic agreements with key suppliers
- Place subcontracts/purchase orders of medium complexity in accordance with all regulatory (FAR/DFAR) and corporate compliance requirements
- Maintain strong business relationships with first tier subcontractors
- Work closely with the Program and other functional groups (Operations, Quality, Engineering, etc) to obtain quality, compliant hardware on-time, with a focus on Affordability
- Senior Subcontract Specialist: 4+ years? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- Principal Subcontract Specialist: 6+ years? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- 4 year degree from an accredited college/university
- A minimum of six (4) years of experience in a similar role or leadership position
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Experience working collaboratively in a team based setting
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where you planned, organized and prioritized your work
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Effective at influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft OfficeŽ suite or similar software programs
- Ability to operate effectively with minimal oversight
- Capability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Managing complex subcontracts
- Developing strategies and leading complex negotiations
- Experience in performing price analysis
- Familiarity working with financials, including budgets and cost details
- Procurement or other experience in a DoD environment (FAR/DFAR)
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Experience participating or leading negotiations
- Working in a SAP based environment
?U.S. Citizenship is required.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.