ServiceNow Engineer (Job Number:437300)
This ServiceNow Developer role will focus on support of NCI's instance of ServiceNow and each stakeholder that uses this system. As part of this role, the ideal candidate will possess proven experience of ServiceNow administration, development/scripting, and web development skills. You should also be able to work proficiently in an Agile and full SDLC environment. This is a contingent role on a full time basis with work location in Rockville, MD (Shady Grove area). There will be an opportunity to telework one day a week once established and with manager approval.
- Maintains NCI-s instance of ServiceNow including routine changes or configuration adjustments as directed by the customer
- Performs management and configuration of ServiceNow applications and modules, product development, service automation, and system integrations.
- Participates and manages development efforts pertaining to modules, applications, and major releases of the ServiceNow native platform and ServicePortal
- Participates in the configuration of new applications or suites during planning, requirement gathering, design, development, documentation, and rollout phases
- Contributes to the strategic development of new platform customizations, as needed, based on customer needs
- Participates in the collection and implementation of tool requirements and investigates as necessary to determine the best solution or configuration options available based on the specific requirement
- Plans and manages meetings, as needed, to solicit feedback from stakeholders regarding various modules of the tool whenever change is warranted or requested
- Assesses architecture and current system limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Coordinates design of subsystems and total system integration
- Act as a liaison between parties when necessary to get support from ServiceNow (the company) when local issues arise or when technical difficulties are identified
- Aids with report configuration and maintenance and performs operational administrative tasks, as needed
- Actively collaborates with other teammates to perform code reviews, discuss new developments and projects, and shadow other junior admins/developers as needed
- Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Conducts independent technical investigations in systems architecture and design. And can work independently as well as with team members to follow-through and complete assigned development tasks/projects in a professional manner.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification required- ServiceNow System Administrator, ServiceNow Implementation Specialist or ServiceNow Application Developer and ITIL Intermediate or Expert certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:32:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job