Storage and Data Protection Engineer (Job Number:437302)
The Storage professional will be responsible for the successful operations and maintenance for the enterprise storage environment; understanding of backup and restore and data encryption. Job Summary: Provides expert level experience in managing the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems. Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software for large complex networks. Researches, analyses, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves complex server or data network problems. Researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking.
- Provide installation services, in collaboration with hardware vendors, for storage equipment furnished by the agency
- Manage storage within the SAN, NAS, and DAS areas, working with agency staff, to ensure that appropriate storage is available for the needs of the agency customers
- Perform storage account management to allow users and groups to access storage
- Review daily equipment status reports and communicate anomalous data to government staff
- Perform and validate software updates on storage infrastructure
- Perform and validate firmware updates
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
- Proficient in using, maintaining, and provisioning the following: Isilon storage system DDN storage Netapp Client Client EVA Oracle tape libraries Commvault backup software
- Experience with the management policies and practices adopted and implemented by CBIIT is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with agency EPLC management methodology.
- CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- Required: ITIL Foundation ITIL intermediate preferred. NetApp certifications desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:35:51 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job