VMWare - Systems/Cloud Engineer (VG00530) (Job Number:437239)
SAIC has an opening for a VMWare Systems/Cloud Engineer located in Springfield, VA.
- SAIC currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 22.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization (GITM) Virtual Infrastructure Team (VI) at the DOS IRM bureau.
Utilizing VMWare products:
- Research, analyze, evaluate and integrate new and emerging virtualization technologies.
- Provide operational engineering support to enterprise-level solutions using virtual server hosting, backup solutions, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions.
- Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple overseas Posts.
- Provision Virtual Machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
- Maintain and restore VM "backups" and Snapshots.
- Participate in on- call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Maintain Configuration DB with all Virtual Infrastructure components.
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed.
- Complete Service Request tickets for VMWare technical issues. The VMWare Engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for GITM initiatives.
Bachelors degree with 9 years experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- VMWare and vSphere design, integration and deployment.
- Knowledge or Training on VMware and ESX 6.0+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
- Active Directory experience, particularly in a large environment.
- Strong scripting skills.
- NetApp storage administration and operation experience.
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- CommVault integration and administration experience.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- DOS processes.
- Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with TS eligible
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 8:23:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job