Server Systems Engineer (Job Number:437305)
The Senior Server Systems Engineer shall have a broad capability to support servers from multiple vendors and server solutions The Senior Server Systems Engineer shall support the operation of the agency's server services according to CBIIT standards Responsibilities: Provide installation services, in collaboration with hardware vendors, for server equipment furnished by the agency Provide support to deploy hosting Systems at all CBIIT hosting locations including, but not limited to CBIIT data centers, co-location centers, and cloud facilities. CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency.
- Manage physical & virtual servers, working with agency staff, to ensure that appropriate server capacity is available for the needs of the agency customers;
- Review daily equipment status reports and communicate anomalous data to government staff;
- Provide hardware and software configuration management (SCM) and change management;
- Perform and validate operating system and application patches and updates on server infrastructure (some activities may occur outside of normal business hours);
- Perform and validate firmware patches and updates on server infrastructure (some activities may occur outside of normal business hours);
- Respond to and resolve problems with server infrastructure utilizing vendor support when needed;
- Work in conjunction with the Storage Team to develop and perform disaster recovery tests for server infrastructure in accordance with NIH policy, on a quarterly basis, to ensure data integrity and resource availability;
- Maintain and audit server security, and review permissions with primary server customers;
- Work in conjunction with the Storage Team to analyze and recommend server security standards to ensure data confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
- Participate in agency level server related working groups.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and proficiency in using, but not limited to, the latest versions of the following tools and software: Turbonomics, SolarWinds, HPE Site Scope, HPE OneView, VMWare vSphere, Windows, CentOS;
- Experience maintaining and understanding Systems, applications, database, regulatory requirements, and security interdependencies of hosting Systems;
- Experience with patching tools such as: Satellite, SpaceWalk, and Puppet.
- Experience with the management policies and practices adopted and implemented by CBIIT is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with HHS EPLC management methodology preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- 5+ years of related technical and managerial experience in a US Government civilian agency supporting the full range of server infrastructure.
- Novell Certified Engineer (CNE),
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate ? Windows Server,
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert ? Windows Server and/or Cloud
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:31:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job