Systems Architect (Job Number:437303)
- Serve as a lead infrastructure architect whose responsibilities include design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
- Oversee the IT Infrastructure evaluation, selection, design in order to support major applications development and production support tools and platforms
- Perform IT system architecture design, system design analysis, and system integration and testing
- Research, design, development, and testing of system components/equipment/subsystems
- Conduct upgrades and modifications to components/equipment/subsystems, testing, and technical support
- Perform system assessments and requirements analyses as applicable to existing and new technologies/systems
- Apply engineering experience to perform functions such as system installation/integration, configuration management, quality assurance, and acquisition and resource management in gaining approval for engineering changes
- Supervise and mentor junior engineering staff
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the management policies and practices adopted and implemented by CBIIT is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with HHS EPLC management methodology preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- 3+ years of related technical and managerial experience in a US Government civilian agency supporting the full range of systems architecture in an IT infrastructure environment.
- Professional experience in large-scale distributed environment.
- Cloud & Hybrid architecture experience in multiple technologies and roles.
- IT Architect experience focusing on software technologies and the IT infrastructure required to support COTS and government built applications
- Fluent in high availability and recovery design, techniques, architectures, and technologies across IT technologies.
- Required: ITIL Foundations Required. ITIL Intermediate/Expert preferred. AWS Cloud Architect Preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:37:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job