Probabilistic Risk Assessment Analyst (Job Number:437284)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity with SAIC to support NASA?s human spaceflight activities. You will focus on providing expertise in the application of Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) theory and application to the Orion Multipurpose Crewed Vehicle Program and design reference missions. Your team will develop and utilize PRA models to assess ground support and spaceflight hardware, software, pre-launch, in-flight and post landing recovery operations to quantify risk of designated operations, conditions or events related to planned human spaceflight missions. You will develop and document assessments/analyses in formal reports which may include fault/event trees and application of reliability/risk assessment tools. You will provide expert technical assessment of Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) products and processes.
Activities will include:
- Utilizing Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) expertise to develop assigned portions of the ground support systems and Orion spacecraft models, and operational phases to be integrated into the overall mission model
- Provide PRA expertise to integrate multiple models (launch vehicle, spacecraft, ground support systems, in-space assets) to develop the integrated mission model and support model validation efforts
- Interface with the appropriate project and prime contractor work force to ensure the collection of failure and operation related data for relevant failure modes and corresponding subsystem success criteria
- Provide system modeling and data analysis expertise to the development of the model and reduction and application of probability data including development of early flight adjustment factors
- Oversee and review all PRA system modeling and analysis performed by the prime contractors and international partners
- Provide PRA modeling and data analysis for design and operational trade studies to support risk informed decision making
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- BS/MS in Nuclear, Aerospace, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering degree preferred, or BS/MS in Physics or Mathematics.
- Position-related Masters degree may be substituted for 2 years experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 9:26:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-TX-HOUSTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job