(ORD) Remote Pilot Operator RPO Chicago, IL Casual (Job Number:437253)
SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, Va. We are looking for a Remote Pilot Operator to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration?s (FAA). The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well- trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The selected candidate will support the Chicago O?Hare Airport Air Traffic Control Tower training requirements at the facility located in Chicago, IL.
The RPO operates a combination of Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)/keyboard/Voice Communication System (VCS) to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during medium and high- fidelity training exercises. RPOs receive voice commands from students, input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology, and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Engineer, Equipment Operator, Recruiting, BPO, Engineering, Part Time, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Operations
- Candidates for these positions must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year of experience in a comparable position.
The candidate will be required to complete the following certifications:
- Classroom (pass test on airspace and procedures) and Lab (perform as a Remote Pilot Operator on all Tower positions).
- Basic Qualifications
- Candidates must also demonstrate minimum keyboard speed of forty (40) wpm with ninety (90) percent accuracy, possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals, and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team (Multimedia Developers, Quality Assurance, Instructions System Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Instructors);
- Certification in either the Terminal radar lab or Enroute lab;
- Effective oral and written communications skills;
- Working knowledge of the FAAO JO 7110.65; Effective team building skills;
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 6:39:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-CHICAGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job