Join CSRA and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world?s most complex technical challenges.
Everyday CSRA makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are inspired by the important missions of our customers and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation!
Currently, we are seeking a Junior System Administrator for the Communications, Operations & Maintenance Function II (COM-F II) in Scott AFB, IL. The selected candidate must have or be able to obtain government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret). This candidate will support the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) system by maintaining Client workstations across the Air Mobility Command (AMC) squadrons.
COM-F provides operations and maintenance services in support of HQ AMC/A6 mission needs supporting the operational functionality and readiness of systems, infrastructure, and IT support services. Provides system administration services ensuring the systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to customer approved production configurations, government system availability, and reliability standards. Is part of a 24/7/365 system administration team that monitors and supports the computer processing activities to verify integrity and availability of all hardware, interfaces, server resources, systems, and key processes.
So what is required of a Junior System Administrator on a day to day basis?
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. - Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent + 0 yrs experience
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Must have a current CompTIA IAT2 or equivalent certification (Sec +)