Mentor other Six Sigma Experts in Training (EITs) and personally project manage the highest complexity Enterprise and Business projects including systemic, business critical engagements direct with Customer, Suppliers and other partners. Must be able to obtain training and skills in 'Change Leadership' in support of major transformational projects.
The Six Sigma Cross Functional Lead position requires understanding of cross-organizational "big picture" to bring insight to leadership, initiate projects, and facilitate coordination across RMS Functional silos. The position oversees >6 process Value Streams, enabling $50M of Op Profit and customer savings.
This Six Sigma Lead coordinates goal deployment and project prioritization with embedded Six Sigma Functional leads (Engineering, Supply Chain, Q&MA, IT, HR and Security) and is responsible to assure coverage in Functional areas without embedded Six Sigma leads , in which case the incumbent may work with senior leaders to help develop and execute Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement strategies. This lead will also interface with subject experts across the Raytheon Enterprise to ensure optimal use of resources and best practices and also interfaces across RMS sites to ensure cross-Functional perspective. This position is responsible to develop con-ops and operating systems to ensure the performance of Affordability and Business Transformation "Initiative" Leads. The incumbent will work as a partner to the A+BT leads to develop Continuous Improvement strategies for functions and product lines that support the goals of Specialist Qualifications and project deployments that meet Affordability targeted savings.
The position has indirect management of 18 Six Sigma resources (PS, EiT, Expert), and coaches projects with staffing from 20-30 SMEs. The position has direct, frequent interaction with Functional and Six Sigma leadership at the VP and Director levels to drive Six Sigma Vision, Strategy, ensuring buy-in and support.
The Six Sigma Cross Functional Lead is also recognized as a Business wide subject expert in Six Sigma methodologies of conducting Business Diagnostics and Project Execution.
Lastly, the Six Sigma Cross ? Functional and Enterprise Lean Lead must have exceptional leadership behaviors, including initiative and drive for results, combined with team building skills across silos and with the Six Sigma team. The top priority for these lead roles is building the Six Sigma brand externally as a critical differentiator and internally as a High Performing Team
Required Skills:·8 years of experience in program management, metric planning and/or organizational effectiveness·Clear, concise and influential verbal and written communication·Proven Leadership experience ? independently and within the team ·Teaming skills ? able to respectfully and consistently collaborate with other functional areas (Supply Chain, Contracts, Engineering) and within the Six Sigma organization·MS Office ? including advance analysis skills in Excel·Advanced knowledge of continuous improvement tools and methodologiesDesired Skills:·ASQ and/or Corporate MA Certification ·Raytheon Six Sigma Certified Expert, or Expert in TrainingRequired Education:·Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) in Business or related fieldThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Routinely interface with Six Sigma embedded leads and Functional VPs, Directors, Material Program Managers and key Suppliers to coordinate Six Sigma support across Functions
- Responsible for driving Six Sigma considerations into Functional aspects of the business and generate Six Sigma inputs to Operational requirements and Subcontract RFQs
- Serve as independent panel member representing Six Sigma at Gate and other Program Reviews
- Responsible for partnering with embedded Experts to drive $50M in combined Six Sigma hard savings internally (EAC, MR) and for the Customer across Functional areas.
- Train, coach, and mentor Six Sigma Experts, Principal Specialists and Specialists to develop talent and empower employees with a culture of continuous improvement. Act as a strategic leader for developing Six Sigma talent across the Six Sigma distributed team
- Ensure Specialist qualification plan execution across Functional organizations to support RMS goal of 96%. Includes direct project leadership, mentoring, and sponsorship down to Specialist level
- Partner with Six Sigma embedded leads to identify at least 6 VP sponsored Expert candidates and 10 Principal Specialists across Functional organizations for 2018/19 pipeline
- Advocate leadership engagement of Six Sigma vision, strategy, mission and goals. Partner with stakeholders to drive culture change at the top. Accountable for step change improvement in perception of Six Sigma team effectiveness with Functional leadership and staff.
- Participate in the RMS Six Sigma distributed team; contribute in staff meetings, share lessons learned and help adjudicate resource priorities across the matrix.
- Accountable for contributing multiple published success stories annually in support of building the Six Sigma brand externally as a critical differentiator and internally as a High Performing Team
- Scans all Specialist Projects completed each month and selects one project to be announced as "project of the month"
- Leads 2+ Business level Expert projects / year in support of business priorities
- Manages the six sigma department variable expense budget
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.