Current Operations Support Planner (Job Number:437368)
SAIC is seeking a Current Operations Support Planner to work onsite with our customer at Ft. Meade.
- The successful candidate will Provides in-depth strategic/operational planning expertise for the development of Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) policy, plans, processes, procedures, and governing directives.
- Planners will apply operational art and operational design and use the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN.
- Lead the creation of strike packages, and the vetting and validation of targets.
- The successful candidate will have a background in military operations and will be familiar with all current operations through the phases of planning, approval, and execution.
- The candidate will provide leadership with situational awareness of projects, Crisis Action Teams, and current operations activities supporting Operational Planning Teams.
- The contractor will assist in technical development and tracking of orders to include Task Orders (TO), Warning Orders (WARNORD), and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGO).
- The candidate will coordinate with other cyber elements to obtain information for slides, briefings, presentations, reports, or other situational awareness products.
- Provide for the development, setup, and execution of Commander?s Update Briefs, Operations and Intel updates, Command and Staff Briefs, and other command battle rhythm events.
Daily activities include:
1. Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, combat, and contingency operations.
2. Provides input for the development of cyberspace Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), Concepts of Operation (CONOPS), Courses of Action (COAs), and other related documents.
3. Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize, and validate requirements and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment.
4. Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation.
5. Provides technical expertise and participates in all phases and steps of the JOPP
6. Develop plans and orders through the applications of operational art and operational design by using the JOPP, within the milestones, deliverables, and interaction points for plans developed using Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) activities.
7. Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, exercise, combat, and contingency plans and operations
8. Serves as a technical expert of all planning methodologies and applications in all phases of military operations, providing analytical expertise and expert knowledge of operational design, Joint Operation Planning
9. Conducts joint operation planning in support of combat and contingency operations without supervision
10. Provides technical expertise and participates in all phases and steps of the JOPP
11. Participates and contributes to daily operational planning meetings, OPTS, JIATFs etc?
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in support of military operations with a Bachelor's Degree or seven (7) years of experience with a Master's Degree. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products, (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) as well as AMHS
- Experience writing General Officer / Flag Officer / Senior Executive Service Executive Summaries, Orders, Technical Papers, and Story Boards in support of ongoing missions.
- Technical understanding of cyber security threats, offensive cyberspace operations, military action officer/staff officer functions, preferred.
- Joint Service Officer (JSO) qualification and/or significant experience with Contingency Planning and FIRES integration
- Experience in support of Service, COCOM or JS cyber exercise as a planner.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 7:07:44 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job