PMO ASE Production Engineer (Job Number:437348)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Job Description: Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking a Production Engineer to support the Project Management Office for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE) located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will function as an integral member of a team of Government, Military, and Contractor Personnel that provides program, engineering, and technical support to PMO ASE. PMO ASE is an acquisition management organization under the Program Executive Office for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S). The team provides acquisition management support, program research, engineering, logistics, and technical support for the development and fielding of world class aircraft survivability equipment. The candidate will work within PMO ASE supporting designated Product Offices by providing management oversight and technical expertise for the production of Aircraft Survivability Equipment systems, subsystems, and components. The candidate will be expected to provide detailed reports that exhibit the status, potential issues/risks and root cause/corrective actions, planning activities, and the management of production delivery schedules of multiple products and components within various stages of the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle. The candidate will provide the planning, management, and oversight to the design, development, and fabrication of components for DoD weapons systems. The candidate will also support manufacturing validations, process validations, audits, and other engineering functions to conduct evaluations and make recommendations to improve contractor and supplier manufacturing and production programs and activities. The candidate will monitor vendor performance, including resolving production and quality related problems, and provide identification and mitigation of design and test deficiencies and non-conformances. Additionally, the candidate is expected to have expert knowledge and experience with DoD, DCMA, PEO-Aviation, and PMO ASE production engineering and systems engineering processes and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Experience in production planning documentation, performing production reviews and preparing risk assessment.
- Familiarity with Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS).
- Review and provide Production Engineering input into the verification and validation of statement of work (SOW) and contract data requirements list (CDRL) requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate directly with high level representatives of the government and prime contractors.
- Conduct Production Line Validations (PLV) and support Production Readiness Reviews (PRR).
- Participate and work as a team member on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and/or ASQ auditing.
- Experience with ISO 9001 processes and procedures.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 5:04:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job