Configuration Control Board Assistant (Job Number:437356)
As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the candidate will facilitate Configuration Management of the current and future AEGIS fleet. The individual will directly support the Integrated Combat Systems (PEO IWS 1.0) Configuration Manager, within PEO IWS at the Washington Navy Yard.
- Aligning the efforts of various organizations within and external to Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) to ensure the proper maintenance and upgrades to AEGIS combat systems.
- Investigate methods to improve CM efficiency and effectiveness across the Enterprise.
- Review PEOIWSINST 4130.1B, PEO IWS Enterprise Configuration Control Process User?s Guide, the AEGIS Combat System CM Plan and related documents.
- Evaluate the Enterprise Configuration Control Process (ECCP) to identify ways to increase responsiveness, eliminate duplication of effort, improve visibility, reduce cost, and incorporate industry best practices.
- Create folders on the PEO IWS 1CM website to post CCB status reports, change documents, comments, action item trackers, briefs, instructions, directives, and policy and reference documents.
- Facilitate Integrated Combat System Configuration Control Boards to support forward-fit and back-fit changes.
- Based on inputs from AEGIS BL managers, IWS 1CM, SEA 05H, NSWC DD, certification agents and test agents, prepare electronic and hard-copy read-ahead binders with agenda, AIE status, ECPs, SCDs, and each proposed change presentation for board members.
- Evaluate technical briefs and ECPs, draft findings, and brief the Chairman before the review.
- Capture Chairman decisions and record and track action items.
- Post change documents (e.g., Ship Change Documents) for adjudication and feedback.
- Consolidate into adjudication packages, generate and distribute ICRs and post in the database for board review.
- Maintain a standing CM war room to facilitate adjudication.
- Develop metrics to support the ICS CCB activities, such as the number of changes collected, the number of outstanding responses, and the number deferred for offline adjudication.
- Download ECP, SCDs, and installation schedules from Navy Data Environment (NDE) AMPS and Advanced Configuration Control and Engineering Status System (ACCESS).
- Validate against certification requirements at certification meetings.
- Comment on change document compliance with SL720-AA-MAN- 030, MIL-HDBK-61A, and PEOIWSINST 4130.1B.
- Ensure expeditious processing, an audit trail, compliance, completeness, data integrity, serial number tracking and control, and proper priority assignment.
- Validate that interfaces conform to the appropriate AEGIS BL.
- Review and comment on interface design specifications (IDS).
- Coordinate CCB activities, artifact management, reviews, and reports with PARMs, to facilitate meetings, mitigate risk and resolve conflicts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 5:54:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job