Senior Electrical Engineer (Job Number:437313)
ABOUT THE POSITION: SAIC has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer in Huntsville, AL. A Senior Electrical Engineer is needed as part of a team providing hardware and software development solutions to the AMRDEC S3I Weapons Support Group. Activities will include the development and integration of special purpose electronics for military systems.
ABOUT SAIC: Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is a premier technology integrator in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees worldwide. In support of the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) System, Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I), SAIC develops and integrates advanced technologies during the entire life cycle of fielded Army aviation and missile systems. Representative examples include air and ballistic missile defense, fire support, close combat, manned and unmanned aviation, command, control and communications; interoperability, intelligence/surveillance, and automatic test equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Identify and manage electrical/electronic hardware requirements.
- Perform power budget analysis for fixed and vehicle-mounted electronic control systems.
- Design and document electrical interconnect for specialized military equipment.
- Generate and Review documentation for a Technical Data Package (TDP) associated with the design, development, unit test, and integration of hardware/firmware components.
- Assess technical and integration risk and help identify mitigations.
- Witness integration and testing, review test plans and procedures, review and adjudicate Deficiency Reports.
- Review relevant milestone contract deliverables and provide recommendations across the life cycle of the development effort.
- Experience with military radar systems, electronic countermeasures, weapon fire control systems and systems integration highly desirable.
- Proficient in using MS Office suite, MS Visio, schematic capture program such as Altium Designer, circuit simulation program such as SPICE.
- Excellent communication skills and mechanical aptitude. Education/Experience: BS in Electrical / Computer Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of experience; MS in Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Must already have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment. Current SECRET clearance preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 8:34:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job