Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to provide engineering leadership to the systems, software, integration & test, and field engineering teams as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Will be responsible for leading a large, multi-disciplined, diverse team of system design and system integration engineers from pre-proposal activities, through the competition, and through program execution.
- Will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team’s project cost and schedule EV baseline, providing project management reports as required, and taking actions to maintain the SEIT Teams cost and schedule commitments.
- Will provide technical leadership to a team of engineers that include leading the execution of integration and test activities, problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet all program and customer requirements.
- Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
- Will lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the Team on track.
- Provide day to day direction for both the System Engineering (SE), and Integration & Test (I&T) team in the development and execution of the team’s scope of work.
- Manage SEIT resources (including people, labs, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team’s plan. Support new/follow-on business proposals and ROMs as required by the program.
- Provide cost and schedule estimates/impacts for proposed engineering changes. Will also support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel.
- Provide development feedback and information back to functional organizations
- Drives modeling and simulation into a holistic IV&V approach with the objective of early requirements sell-off.
- Domain Knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years of full life cycle Systems Engineering experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the physical principles of operation of multiple sensors, key performance parameters and design degrees of freedom for these sensors
- Strong mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Electronics system performance analysis, test and integration
- Communication, integrity, judgment, coordination, influence
- Actively engages, drives change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
- Examples of leading a technical team in advanced radar development efforts
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Domain Knowledge
- Original development of novel architectures and/or signal processing solutions for radar applications, as evidenced by patents and/or publications
- Graduate level coursework and/or work experience in stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
- Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
- Proposal development and authoring technical volumes
- Technical mentoring as subject matter expert in Radar design for multi-function systems
- Examples of customer focus and collaboration skills
Bachelor of Science degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related disciplineDesired Education:
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.