Our Purina factory in Dunkirk is strategically located along Lake Erie?s Historic Chadwick Bay Harbor, which is situated 50 miles southwest of Buffalo, New York. With miles of Great Lakes waterfront and beaches, ski resorts, vineyards and boutique wineries, our associates are proud to call Dunkirk A hidden gem. Since its opening in 1971, various expansions to the processing and warehousing towers have taken place to accommodate increasing production of great brands like Pro Plan®, Beggin®, T-Bonz®, and Busy®.
As A Maintenance Mechanic, your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and routine maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You will handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. So, if you?re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We?ll always challenge you to think: ?What?s Next??
1. Your primary responsibility in all of the work you perform is to be safe and follow all plant safety rules and work rules
2. Apply electrical principles in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Plant Systems.
3. Troubleshoot and maintain electrical controls systems such as motor control circuits, process controllers, power supplies, and automated control circuitry through programmable logic controllers (PLC?s).
4. Provide mechanical maintenance support for motors, conveyors, mills, packaging equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
5. Look for continuous improvement, ideas to improve safety, reliability, quality, throughput, and energy.
6. Work with Engineers on capital upgrades in your area as needed with either actual installation assistance or as an advisor/Team Leader
7. Complete any other assigned maintenance duties as directed by Team Leader including Electrical/Mechanical work for other plant areas and secure job-related training (New equipment, safety, New policies, Maintenance Progression Plan, etc.)
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
2 year technical degree OR 2 or more years of industrial electronics or related electrical experience in A
manufacturing, technical or military environmentThe Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran