We?re a ?safety first? culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger pet care category. Over 120 years in existence, we?ve grown our passionate Nestlé Purina Family as we?ve grown the breadth of our business. Your needs are our responsibility?job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future and your career aspirations.
The Packaging Specialist II is responsible for Packaging research and development, improvement and implementation, including quotation requests, negotiations, vendor recommendation, and cost reductions suggestions. This position also holds the responsibility for developing new Packaging, changes in construction and size on existing Packaging, and all special pack and promotional Packaging coordination. The Packaging Specialist II will work closely with Marketing, QA, Engineering and Purchasing to assist in the selection, development, and implementation of new and promotional/special pack Packaging.
- Research and development of optimum Packaging to better meet our customer and consumers needs and wants.
- Development and implementation of new Packaging, and promo/special pack Packaging.
- Development, set up, and communication of the Packaging specs, and finished product pallet specifications.
- Seeks out new Packaging technologies and coordinates all testing of alternate or new Packaging and promotional packs, from concept, to plants, engineering, operations scheduling, QA, pallet configuration and communication, and approval process.
- Assist in formalizing, standardizing and documenting all existing Packaging specifications.
- Conducts ongoing research on existing items in an effort to establish new/alternative specifications that increase plant efficiency, promote improvements in quality and offer a better value to our customer/consumers. Constantly drive for less "total cost" Packaging.
- Continue cost reduction, product improvement efforts on purchased finished goods. Make recommendations; coordinate testing, approvals, communication and implementation.
- Aids and assists Purchasing Manager and Raw Material Buyer on all coordination of new and promotional Packaging and materials.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree in Packaging related field (Science, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, etc.)
Experience: 5+ years of experience
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran