The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Mission Assurance organization is seeking an experienced System Assurance team member to focus on mission risk identification and mitigation for the Global Positioning System (GPS) Operational Control Segment (OCX) program in our Aurora, Colorado, office. The GPS OCX Raytheon team is responsible for full lifecycle development and delivery of the Ground Operational Control Segment of the worldwide GPS system. As a trusted partner, the GPS OCX Mission Assurance Systems Assurance team member will interface with the customer, program management, and internal technical personnel such to identify and mitigate GPS enterprise, mission and program execution risks. This role reports dually to the Director of System Assurance Execution and the GPS OCX Mission Assurance Lead.
System Assurance is responsible for assuring products meet their specified requirements, are consistent, complete, and correct as warranted for the system and operational environment, and satisfy program, product line, business, customer, and mission needs. System Assurance reaches beyond Process Compliance, complements Systems Engineering, and enables Mission Assurance by proactively identifying and addressing areas where the adequacy of program plans, requirements, analyses, risk mitigation plans, certification, verification, validation, and qualification approaches and process/product noncompliance have the potential to impact overall mission success. System Assurance Engineers leverage and interface with all other functions within Mission Assurance, as well as all Engineering Directorates.
Specific Responsibilities for this role include:
The System Assurance team member is responsible for:
Required Qualifications: The ideal candidate is able to demonstrate the following skills and leadership attributes with six years experience in the following:
- Proactive engagement with program execution teams to eliminate customer escapes, manage the overall quality of program deliveries, and ensure effective MA engagement throughout the program lifecycle.
- Review and validation of Mission Assurance technical performance through participation in the technical processes, independent oversight of milestone reviews and technical exchange meetings, and identification of program risks and opportunities at both the system and component level
- Support to GPS Mission Readiness, launch readiness, and mission suitability assessments for Block 0 and Block 1
- EVMS assessments and EAC Growth reduction assessments using experience and root cause analysis.
- Provide insight and technical expertise through engagement at IPDS gates, developing differentiating MA technical strategies and lifecycle value propositions for new business opportunities (ECPs and RFCs)
- Support technical Peer Reviews
- Lead MAQP for the GPS Engineering Review Board (ERB) to ensure correct and complete requirements specification and analysis to achieve GPS mission.
Desired Qualifications: In addition, the ideal candidate has the following desired qualifications: with six months in the following:
- Experience with managing, interpreting, and assuring customer needs
- Ability to manage to a Mission, not just Requirements
- Willingness to path find and adapt to changing needs
- Ensure requirements and designs are poised for produceability, testability, reusability, reliability, safety, and maintainability.
- Independently verify the integrity of a design?s analyses and test plans to catch design defects early
- Verify the integrity of the integration, verification, and validation planning, integration and test environments, and hardware/software configurations under test
- Provide an independent view of mission requirements and confirm the voice of the customer is embedded in system requirements and properly decomposed down to component level
- Contribute to Execution Readiness Assessments (ERAs), Independent Reviews (IRs) and Peer Reviews
- Assure failures are reported in a timely manner, containment actions are taken, true root causes are identified, and corrective/preventative actions are implemented
- Provide an integrated perspective of programs? technical risk that considers criticality, system safety, reliability, test evaluation criteria, and adverse trends
- Ensure consistent results whether work is performed by Raytheon or a Supplier
- Demonstrated Applied Critical Thinking Skills
- Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle
- Strong interpersonal, business relationship and facilitation with high personal integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
- Established experience in working within a matrix structure influencing peers and other functional leadership teams
- Leads by example, engages customers and suppliers to addresses problems, and possesses a desire to solve internal and external challenges; communicates mission success
- Ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
- Ability to Lead with Influence, experience with cross functional teams
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
Required Education:The candidate must demonstrate and have the following knowledge, experience and Qualifications:
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis with demonstrated understanding of how defects from one Execution Organization (Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations) affect the others
- Experience managing technical side of supplier execution
- Experience with incorporating analysis techniques such as failure modes effects analysis (FMEA), hazard analysis, and lessons learned early in the program life cycle to prevent program failures.
- Knowledge of with Six Sigma tools and techniques; Qualified Raytheon 6 Sigma or Green Belt a plus
- ASQ Certification in a relevant domain
- Raytheon (or equivalent) Mission Assurance Certification Program Level 3 (Any Track) preferred.
- Awareness of Raytheon/IIS products, technologies, and services
- Experienced in Raytheon?s processes, tools and methods for achieving Mission Assurance
- Broad knowledge of aerospace and defense systems process and technology domains
- Experience with DCMA
- BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred
- Ability to achieve Raytheon Mission Assurance Certification Program Level 4 System Assurance within 6 months.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.