M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation?s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean?s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and Control, and command and Control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Functions
To qualify for this position an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- A positive, self-motivated demeanor resulting in superior teamwork and collaboration with team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Observe all company policies and safety rules.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience installing and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110V, 24V and 12V motor Control systems
- Experience working with Hard-Wired Motor Control Centers, Combination Starters, Start-Stop Stations, Estop Circuits
- Experience working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V.
- Ability to install conduit, wireways, pull wiring/cables and terminating cables.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints and Control wiring diagrams.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20') including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 7 years' experience in Industrial Manufacturing Facilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Motor Control Systems
- Technical School Electrical or Electronic School training certification preferred
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to write, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Utilize a variety of tools such as: hand tools, power tools and electrical/electronic test equipment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Environmental inside/outside conditions may include, hot/cold temperatures, noise, airborne particles, fumes/odors, vibration and exposure to moving mechanical parts.
See Job Description