Network Infrastructure Operations Manager (Job Number:437458)
SAIC is seeking a Network Infrastructure Operations Manager in Washington DC to support a Federal Civilian Agency.
Note: This is a Monday ? Friday role works Days with some on-call after-hours support.
The infrastructure includes network routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, telephony devices, telephones, PBX, WAN, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers, IDS/IPS, encryption, and other network and telephony devices. This also includes the Network Operations Center (NOC) and monitors the entire network (Production, COOP and Development & Integration & Test environments) and all devices and services, and reports and tracks all system outages and incidents.
- Manage a task to operate, and maintain the voice, video, and data network infrastructure for a federal government customer in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for Network components from Cisco, Juniper, Infoblox, etc and components of the physical data center infrastructure, and may coordinate facility upgrade projects for this customer.
- Position is in a rotation with other managers as on call incident manager for off hours and major incidents.
- Have total ownership of and responsibility for the entire network, and all activity, incidents, problems, and outages.
Required Education and Experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- High School/ GED and 13 years of experience OR Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience, OR; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; OR PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- 10+ years? experience managing staff to operate, maintain, and upgrade the network and services in similar network infrastructure environments.
- Experience interfacing with customers to quickly and efficiently resolve issues. The candidate must have working knowledge in Cisco networking devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, ICE, VPN gateways), Juniper devices, Enterprise WAN technology, Telephony, Voice Over IP, Network Datacenters, Proxy and Firewalls, troubleshooting OSPF.
- Experience with incident management, and monitoring and managing incidents and outages in a critical, 24-7 operational environment.
- ITIL V3 Foundation, Cisco Certification, OR PMP certifications are required
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- HP Network Node Manager (NNMi), HP Openview, HP Business Service Management (BSM), SiteScope, RUM, Business Process Monitor (BPM), MS SCOM, and other tools to monitor availability and performance of all configuration items.
- Knowledge of and experience with circuits, networks and networking equipment (LAN/WAN), and Cisco, Cisco ASA, CISCO ICE, Nexus Switches, Bluecoat, Riverbed, Brocade, NEC, Polycomm, Infoblox, and vBrik technologies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2018, 8:34:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job