Engineer Technician I- North Charleston, SC (Job Number:437384)
To be covered by these definitions, employees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be able to provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment.
- These technicians are required to have some practical knowledge of science or engineering.
- Some positions may require a practical knowledge of mathematics or computer science.
- Included are workers who prepare design drawings and assist with the design, evaluation, and/or modification of machinery and equipment.
- Production and maintenance workers, including workers engaged in calibrating, repairing, or maintaining electronic equipment (see Maintenance Electronics Technicians);
- Model Makers and other craft workers;
- Quality Control Technicians and Testers;
- Chemical and other non-engineering laboratory technicians; Civil Engineering Technicians and Drafters;
- Positions (below Level I) which are limited to simple tasks such as: measuring items or regular shapes with a caliper and computing cross- sectional areas; identifying, weighing, and marking easy-to-identify items; or recording simple instrument readings at specified intervals; and engineers required to apply a professional knowledge of engineering theory and principles.
The Engineering Technician I performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion.
This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Assembling or installing equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting.
- Performing simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operating and adjusting simple test equipment; records test data.
- Gathering and maintaining specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performing computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plotting data and draws simple curves and graphs. SCA - Directory of Occupation Codes (5th Edition) N/A
- High School diploma or GED or Associate?s Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or Engineering Technology.
- Three (3) years of practical experience, to include: laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2018, 2:45:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job