Cyber Operations Security SME (Job Number:437602)
SAIC has an immediate opening for top talent to join our SETA team. This role is for a full-time experienced Cyber Operations Security SME to assist an Intelligence Community customer in the Northern Virginia area. Qualified candidates must have a current TS/SCI level clearance with active polygraph.
- Serve as a SETA Systems Engineer and PM specializing in Cyber Operations and Security Engineering.
- Contribute to solving Computer Network Defense (CND) and security problems of national significance.
- Perform as key Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a range of needs/products related to the expansion of CND solutions, particularly the IA End-to-End Monitoring functional area.
- Provide Computer Network Defense (CND) technical support utilizing security engineering principles involving communications security, network security, computer security, and key management.
- Provides technical and engineering support in the evaluation, installation, and integration of new software, security patches, and enhancements.
- Serve as SME for the development and expansion of an End-to-End Monitoring service in an automated environment, focused on reducing vulnerability exposure duration while eliminating touch labor to the degree possible.
- Proactively perform as an organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance, while assisting the culture shift toward the government leadership vision.
- Conduct analysis and evaluations- making recommendations and providing professional advice and assistance to include preparing criteria and analytical aids, briefings, reports and presentations.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions (i.e., tools, tactics, and techniques) that will be used by CND analysts.
- Prepare and present briefings as a subject matter expert.
- Develop and maintain system documentation as it pertains to CND capabilities and related implementation.
- TS/SCI level clearance with polygraph
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field /10 years of overall experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting network defense capabilities and systems, infrastructures and IT
- Demonstrated knowledge of mission and ground sites
- Demonstrated knowledge of IC security principles, procedures, standards, and security solutions
- Experience in technical leadership role in cyber-security operations center.
- Experience with security operations, monitoring intrusions, vulnerability assessments
- Recent experience with and understanding of NRO systems, policies, standards and limitations
- The ability to work proactively, independently, and/or as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing approaches
- Possess Program Management experience with thorough knowledge of industry best practices—demonstrated program/project planning, scheduling and execution (related tools suite expertise necessary)
- Experience planning, executing and managing multiple projects, programs and tasks concurrently
- Skilled/comfortable working in high-tempo environment, able to be flexible and to adjust to dynamic political, technical and/or fiscal challenges
- Knowledge of IC budgetary principles and procedures
- Support must be resourceful, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Ability to establish trust-relationships as well as build highly functioning, multi-faceted and “joint” teams.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2018, 3:46:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job