Senior Network Engineer (Job Number:437660)
- Assist with projects on improving network services, implementing new services and/or remediation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and computer system issues within the LAN/ WAN, DNS and Wireless environment.
- Assist network engineers, security engineers and network operations teams in engineering and troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Identify client needs and design; propose and implement solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment.
- Responsible for engineering network solutions that may include, but not limited to, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities and the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or 13 years of related experience without the degree.
- 6+ years of Cisco core routing and switching.
- Experience with NSX, Software Defined Networking, ACI and similar data center technologies Experience troubleshooting and resolving network and computer system issues within the LAN/ WAN and Wireless environment.
- Experience assisting network engineers and network operations teams in engineering and troubleshooting difficult or time- sensitive problems.
- Experience assisting other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant.
- Experience in engineering enterprise network solutions for medium and large organizations.
- The candidate must have strong network engineering background and be well-versed in network topologies and technologies.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills for both internal and external customers, partners and services.
- Experience Identifying client needs and design; implementing solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment requirements.
- This is an engineering position focused on the design, deployment and maintenance of multiple enterprise network solutions.
- Experience with Datacenter support, wireless configurations and experience implementing Layer 2/3 routing across Datacenter and remote sites.
- Experience supporting and deploying solutions from Cisco, Aruba, F5, and VMWare.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 14, 2018, 6:31:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE