Java Developer (Job Number:437698)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Level Java Application Programmer
for our USDA Program in Kansas City
- Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment.
- Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties:
- Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects and technical leads to complete assigned coding tasks within a Scrum team.
- Thoroughly test completed code by writing, executing and reporting the results of automated unit tests.
- Participate in, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
- Debug and resolve application and data issues.
- Reports to a Scrum team lead, with additional oversight provided by project manager, application architects and technical lead.
- Mentor, coach and develop less-experienced team members
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree and 2+ years of software development experience utilizing Java or Master?s degree
- Software development knowledge or experience utilizing Java preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Must possess at minimum an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification or must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire
- Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
- Must display the ability to work under pressure
- Must display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher
- Must possess proficiency with a version-control system such as Subversion
- Must possess proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse
Must possess proficiency with:
- A build tool such as Maven
- Must possess proficiency with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins
- Must possess proficiency with a unit-testing framework such as JUnit
- Experience with third-party APIs and frameworks such as Spring is preferred
- Experience working in a Scrum environment is preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 15, 2018, 4:25:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job