Collaboration Services Enterprise Architect Principal (Job Number:438031)
SAIC is seeking a Collaboration Services Architect to join our MSI team supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Collaboration Services Architect designs IT systems which require the creation and integration of various collaboration services to provide customers with their desired business mission capabilities. Activities include capturing evolving business needs, defining operational and integration requirements, researching and modeling the collaboration system architecture and configuration, investigating alternatives, performing cost analysis, estimation and decision analysis to create compute and storage solutions.
The Collaboration Services Architect will work closely with various Collaboration service providers to integrate the MSI?s Service Management System with their systems. This integration include both technical integration and the application of MSI service management processes. This also includes the integration of identity and access controls within the Collaboration environments, and the exchange of information in support of a common IT financial model.
The Collaboration Services Architect ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. This involves performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into Collaboration specifications. This also involves monitoring and reporting service capacity and availability, and statistical analysis of trends to proactively identify areas for continued improvement. The Collaboration Services Architect will work to achieve efficiencies via the standardization and automation of services; with the objective of rapidly providing Collaboration capabilities to Customers with business mission needs. The Collaboration Services Architect will either assist or lead development, modernization and enhancement planning for Collaboration services.
The Collaboration Services Architect will:
- Be a Problem Solver and Solutions Generator
- Develop technical solutions to complex collaboration challenges which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Have Freedom to Act
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Completed work is reviewed vis-à-vis the resulting changes in service delivery performance.
- Impact Team Success
- Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of program objectives and goals.
- Be a Liaison
- Represent the MSI as a prime technical contact on collaboration services.
- Interact with senior external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- The Collaboration Services Architect applies extensive collaboration system expertise and has knowledge of other related IT disciplines.
- *Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.**
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates with a Bachelor?s degree are required to have at least nine (9) years of experience with collaboration services.
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering, science or mathematics is preferred.
- OR Masters degree and seven (7) years of related experience;
- OR PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience would include Cloud based and traditional Collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Cisco Spark, Jabber, G-Suite, etc. and Cloud Hosting
- Requirements Capture:
- The ability to listen to Customers and capture their business capability needs.
- The ability to then translate Customer business capability needs into technical requirements.
- The ability to perform design analysis functions.
- The ability to measure, via analysis, how service capacity and availability are changing over time, and to understand cause and effect.
- The ability to craft a design solution and produce both technical specifications and information that informs business decision-making.
- Project Management:
- The ability to structure and execute a project in accordance with PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge) best practices.
- Communications and Presentation Skills:
- The ability to simplify technical complexities and present solutions in terms that resonate with decision-makers and Customers seeking business capabilities.
- Continual Learning:
- Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
- ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
- Productivity Software:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, and Access), Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Server Operating Systems:
- System Administrator experience with Unix, Linux, and Windows Server operating systems and virtualization.
- Remote Management Tools:
- The ability to use remote management tools.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2018, 2:21:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job