From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions ?backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise? is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing the next generation air traffic control, communications and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world. The systems engineering responsibilities span from requirements definition through the entire product lifecycle, including systems integration and test.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will lead system level integration and verification efforts. Regular duties include requirements and design discussions and reviews, characterizing system performance, developing test plans and procedures, conduct formal customer witnessed formal verification events, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems, such as ARTS/CARTS, STARS, ERAM, SWIM, or ASDE is a plus, as is familiarity with customer communities, standards and future initiatives, such as: Eurocontrol, ICAO, Single European Sky, Nextgen ATMS and Weather Systems, and trajectory and flow management.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of 8 Years of applicable work experience and a BS/BA in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or 6 years of experience with MS/MA in STEM, or 4 years of experience with PhD in STEM.
· Proven ability to lead small to medium sized engineering teams.
· Experience developing system level integration and verification plans, requirement verification matrices, integration procedures, verification procedures, integration conduct, Test Readiness Review preparation & conduct and formal verification conduct.
· Working knowledge of COTS workstations and networks
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
· Working knowledge of Linux, DOORS and ClearCase.
· Occasional domestic travel in support of the program; potential international travel
· U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience and Skills:
· Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Air Traffic Management Systems
· Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
· Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing
· Task Management or other Lead role for development or integration and test efforts
Required Education (including Major):
Eight (8) years? of relevant experience with BS/BA in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics(STEM), or MS/MA in STEM.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.