DevOps Solution Architect (Job Number:438143)
SAIC is seeking a DevOps Solution Architect to join our Software Solutions leadership team in Reston, VA. Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market by making a profound difference supporting our customers? missions. In SAIC?s Software Solutions organization, we are transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers across the federal government. Our matrix structure enables career mobility across 150+ projects with software. SAIC?s Solution Architects lead technical solutioning teams to develop creative solutions to our customers? needs. Job Description: SAIC seeks a Solution Architect to join the Software Solutions leadership team to solve challenging, complex, mission critical challenges. The Solution Architect will provide technical leadership and execution support for large, complex, strategically important, enterprise programs and proposals. Leveraging expertise in modern software technologies, the Solution Architect will define implementation architecture and provide vision and direction for project and proposal teams.
- Performs as the Technical Lead for multiple, capture activities. In this role the Architect will be responsible for all aspects of technical solution development based on technical and customer domain knowledge and experience, and will leverage domain expertise to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
- The SA will contribute ideas and thoughts to differentiate SAIC from competitors.
- The SA will lead the software aspects of business development and support all aspects of solution development including architecture definition, proposal writing, proposal reviews and BOE development.
- Defines software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance and optimal performance. Assists in responding to corporate requests for past performance. Makes recommendations to share best- practice knowledge and improve internal processes across the organization. Works with other organizations and programs to provide consistency across SAIC.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. A software development background is required.
- 14 additional years? IT experience in multiple functional areas.
- Must have strong analytic and problem solving abilities and a strong work ethic with a ?can do? attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- Must have experience working on Government contracts preferably within Fed/Civ and DoD projects.
- Must have proven experience as a lead SA on several winning proposals.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel. This position requires the ability to communicate with all levels of customer and SAIC personnel.
- Must have understanding of full SDLC, and have experience leading Agile Teams; Scrum master a plus
- Must have participated on a DevOps team for a minimum for 2 years.
- Have familiarity with Red HAT Open Shift, AWS stack and Jenkins
- Experience/knowledge of tools and techniques for Agile, DevOps and DevSecOps
- Experience in defining Technical Solutions using Cloud based solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud)
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of some technical domain (e.g. Microservices, Cloud Native Development, API mgt, Mobile Development etc.)
- Must be able to develop a Technical Roadmap and having done this before is a plus
- Good working knowledge of DevOps Tool Chains, both Open Source and COT?s.
- US Citizenship Required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 1:11:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job