Electrical Engineer_Medusa (Job Number:438100)
SAIC has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer to support the Medusa Program for AMRDEC onsite at S3I, Redstone Arsenal.
The Medusa program has been established to integrate the system to defeat the UAV threats CONUS and OCONUS. This Medusa software is a suite of software used to help detect, track, identify, and defeat threatening UAVs. The Medusa software executes algorithms based on the configuration given and assists the operator in detecting and identifying UAVs. . The Medusa program has fixed, portable, mobile, and unmounted configurations, allowing usage in most needed situations.
The candidate will be a member of a highly motivated team providing hardware development and test support. The candidate will develop special purpose electronics for CUAS technologies in the areas of radar, RF devices, wireless communications, EO/IR technologies.
- BS and 5+ years related experience in field is required.
Experience shall include a range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- The candidate must have experience related to building, repairing, and testing electro- mechanical hardware (boards, wiring harnesses, test fixtures, etc).
- Must have a solid understanding of Electronics Theory and applications plus an ability to read and understand schematics.
- Must have experience with the development and implementation of design verification test procedures.
- Must have experience with SMT and PTH soldering and operation of basic test equipment such as meters and O'scopes.
- Must have experience with functional and environmental testing.
- The candidate MUST be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Experience working in a Windows environment.
- Experience with respect to the development of design and production related documentation and procedures.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 1:45:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job