Our Mechanicsburg factory, built in 1969, is located just eight miles west of Pennsylvania?s state capital of Harrisburg. Unique to this factory, it?s situated at a transportation crossroads where three of the U.S.?s most heavily-traveled interstate highways traverse the region. With 40 percent of the U.S. population located within 500 miles, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this area offers our associates both small-town living with quick and easy access to the ?purrrrr-ks? of a big city. Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Nestlé Purina?s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Kit ?N Kaboodle®. Beyond our work in pet food production, we support various local animal shelters and organizations (Susquehanna Service Dogs Organization and Woofstock among others) to more deeply impact our ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere.
The Assistant Materials Accounting Manager is responsible for coaching and developing a team of Accounting staff as well as working closely with all departments in the factory to insure accurate materials inventory. In this role, you will develop and maintain the necessary accounting systems, procedures, controls, and audits to insure that plant and division management are provided with:
- A continuous analysis of inventory results.
- Accurate month-end results reporting.
- An effective inventory accounting and reporting system.
The best of administrative professionals think ahead of our needs. You know all the ins and outs?many of the details most of us will never know. Nestlé Purina is a place where you?ll surround yourself with teams and projects that are making history in pet care. We?re leaning on you for those details that make an immeasurable difference.
- Maintain finished product, packing supply, ingredients and fines inventory, accounting systems and reports.
- Establish, advise and modify plant procedures to provide an effective Material Control Program.
- Coordinate, audit, and advise on physical inventory procedures and cut-off programs..
- Attend and/or conduct management/supervisory, hourly, support staff meetings as requested
- Provide plant management with analysis of inventory variances and factory performance data.
- Conduct and/or coordinate studies, analysis of flows and problem solving events.
- Collaborate with Plant Controller monitor/execute training and development for staff.
- Supervise and provide direction to Accounting staff.
Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting or a related field
1+ year supervisory experience
2+ years accounting experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, military or related environment
To our veterans and separated service members?you?re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you?ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you?ll consider sharing in our mission?you?ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran