full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Defense Systems Administrator in the McLean, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, configure and maintain virtual resources built using on premise and cloud resources
• Build and maintain virtual machines to ICD 503 accreditation standards using Linux or Windows operating systems
• Install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Linux or Windows services and applications
• Automate common tasks through creation of shell scripts or by leveraging infrastructure automation and orchestration tools
• Install and configure tools that assist with virtualization management, storage management, network management, and vendor platform management
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
• Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 5 years of experience is required
• Ability to install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Linux operating system installations is required to include either Centos or Ubuntu versions
• Implementation experience in AWS cloud environments
• Familiarity with VMWare 6.x (ESXi, vCenter, vMotion)
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 or higher
• Windows Group Policy experience is required
• Windows Active Directory experience is required
• Basic understanding of common network communication protocols is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must