Raytheon is seeking a Senior Subcontracts Manager to work in our MSM Mission Area within the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services Business Unit.
The Senior Subcontracts Manager is responsible for implementing best-in-class subcontract management activities and optimizing the supplier base supporting the program. You will provide direction on drafting of subcontract business and technical terms, developing negotiation strategies and will provide directions to its teams on management and oversight of all subcontract agreements. You will actively participate and contribute to the development and growth of the department into a “world class” organization. You will be an integral member of the Subcontracts Management team supporting and collaborating with senior leadership, the applicable Program Management Office(s), Engineering, IPT (Integrated Program Teams), as well as with other Raytheon’s businesses and external suppliers.
Creates, executes and manages various subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using source selection techniques. Manages International subcontracts as required. Participates in development of Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW), and conducts bidders’ conferences as required. Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities. Performs cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations. Ensure subcontract compliance with Company policies, Public Laws in Government and commercial environment such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), FAA, NASA, DOE, ITAR and import/export requirements. Leads the development and negotiation of collaborative agreements with suppliers. Responsible for early subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture. Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures. Formulates capture strategies. Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts. Leads the Supply Chain IPT and facilitates relationships between the Program Office, functional organizations and suppliers. Utilizes project management skills and techniques (including EVMS) when managing suppliers. Develops program supplier risk and opportunity management plans. Responsible for strategic supplier relationship management at Business and/or Enterprise level as necessary.
This position will be located in Dulles, Virginia
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- Must be US citizen
- Oversee and participate in high value subcontract negotiations
- Oversee the management of subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including but not limited to management of financial obligations and mitigating cost overruns, schedule, technical and quality requirements
- Develop and implement strategy to support proposal efforts for new business pursuits
- Ensure subcontract compliance with Company policies, Public Laws in Government and commercial environment such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), FAA, NASA, DOE, ITAR and import/export requirements
- Significant experience managing major services related subcontracts
- Experience with DOD procurements
- Ability to develop and negotiate teaming agreements, master subcontract agreements, blanket purchasing agreements and international offset agreements
- Sound leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity - Exemplary written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills, ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple organizations and operate effectively within a matrix environment by resolving conflict and influencing others
- Demonstrated people-management skills, and experience leading large teams; ability to coach, mentor, motivate and empower others and to develop talent
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.