Responsible for all day-to-day warehouse activities including, but not limited to, work scheduling, staffing, supervisory tasks (coaching, guiding, counseling, administering discipline) and the facilitation of data collection and reporting related to performance. Supervises warehouse employees, ensures that whole team abides by all safety, quality, and compliance standards. Leads and executes plant initiatives and objectives, and drives Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) tools. Maintain an environment focused on continuous improvement by, creating a climate of open communication and innovation to generate ideas for improvement, empowering the Team Leaders and Team Members to participate in such activities, and directly participating in Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) activities in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Manage work schedules (vacation, holiday) and payroll for hourly and salaried non-exempt employees.
- Facilitates variance investigations, as well as KPI collection and preparation, with the facility Process Specialist. Data utilized to further drive CPI with the teams.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to keep up with and exceed organizational goals, and application of progressive discipline to employees in support of large-scale change initiatives.
- Use one-on-one personal contact as the primary tool to provide leadership and direction to the employees under your responsibility (TLs, TMs, SRCs) in order to meet the DC's operational needs, and goals while:
o Maintaining the emphasis on Safety and Quality as a key facility priority.
o Meeting and exceeding productivity performance objectives.
- Evaluate and prioritize the daily shift workload demand and make plans for proper execution and manpower/equipment utilization. Maintain logs of shift operations, production summaries, overtime, and downtime reports, etc.
o Responsible for producing any specialized reports that can be provided to the teams as aids in driving CPI (e.g., product trends in key statistical tracking areas).
o Provide real-time information to teams for managing performance.
o Manage and control the overall warehouse work flow utilizing ideas and areas for improvement identified by the Teams.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) from all aspects of the organization, and ensures all team members understand and follow them.
- Solve basic system issues and be conversant in SWOP, SAC, Access, Excel, Tracks, Performance Management System, SAP/IMREX, Kronos, and other warehouse systems.
SAFETY, HEALTH, & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Responsible for the maintenance of safety and sanitation standards for the facility to ensure efficient day-to-day operations.
- Sustain a safe, clean working environment at all times, including maintaining all equipment in good working condition, by keeping warehouse clean and orderly.
- Complies with all safety & environmental practices, and reports all incidents immediately.
- Ensure Warehouse employees follow all Safety requirements as it pertains to materials moving equipment (e.g. daily inspections of forklifts, seat belts used at all times, no speeding, observe pedestrian right-of-way, etc.)
- Complies with all FDA/USDA rules, procedures, and work practices.
- Escalates and reports all quality and food safety findings or incidents.
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Promote the identification of quality improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Participates in continuous process improvement efforts in the facility as well as the overall Logistics Network.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Associates Degree required
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain management or relevant field preferred NOT required.
OR Previous leadership experience within the Military.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution or other warehouse environment preferred.
- Strong experience and proficiency with computer systems and related software preferred.
- Experience in business, finance, systems and total supply chain is desirable.
- Experience in process improvement (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizan, etc?).
- Experience in change management in a factory or DC environment.
- Experience with labor standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Developed leadership skills: Ability to motivate, mentor, coach and influence people.
- Ability to work effectively in a networking structure.
- Effectively communicates upwardly and laterally on all essential matters using the proper written or verbal medium.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Experience in collecting value-added data through systems and reports.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Leading people to develop analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to create an empowered workforce.
- Maintain positive customer relation contacts- both external and internal.
- Proficient with computers, including experience with RF, Excel, Access, and other scheduling and planning tools.
- Able to track performance and align against goals.
- Independent thinker.
*LI-NP1The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.