Vinnell Arabia (www.vinnellarabia.com)
full-time employee contract
Manages all facets of transportation training related to planning, operation, coordination and evaluation of all methods of transportation. Works with Logistics Management Center (LMC) Transportation Manager to recommend, priorities, and coordinate tasks, document cargo and/or personnel to be transported, allocate resources, and determine transportation mode necessary for the optimum utilization of assets and timely mission accomplishment.
1. Trains LMC Transportation and Movement Section on how to coordinate, monitor, control and supervise the movement of personnel, equipment, and cargo by air, rail, highway and water.
2. Trains on determining the most efficient mode of transport to accomplish mission requirements.
3. Assists in the formulation and implementation of plans, procedures and directives pertaining to document flow and automated actions.
4. Trains LMC Transportation and Movement Section on port and custom operations.
5. Trains LMC Transportation Section on how to update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
6. Performs other missions and administrative duties as required.
A. Education Level: High School diploma required. Associates Degree preferred. Non-Commissioned Officer 88N Transportation Management Coordinator and graduate of Senior Level Leaders Course, or transportation management course. Education level may be substituted with experienced on higher level transportation management operations.
B. Experience: Minimum of four (4) years experience in U.S. Army transportation activities with emphasis on staff planning. Desired experience at Brigade Command or higher level of transportation related staff activities on Materiel Management Center (MCC). Experience in supervision, planning, and operations at major command level, with experienced in transportation or logistics management.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, and requirement: Must be skilled in management analysis functions related to transportation. Must have a strong working knowledge of the functional integration of military supply, maintenance, and distribution systems. Must possess a valid driver?s license. Must be computer literate and be proficient in MS Word, Power Point and Excel.