Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking Top Talent as a Manufacturing Engineer to support new entrant certification of the OmegA launch vehicle system.
Candidate will be based in Huntsville, AL and travel to NGIS facilities in Iuka, MS and Michoud, LA. The position remotely supports the Space and Missile Systems Center Launch Enterprise Directorate (SMC/LEA) at Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance Preferred
Location: Huntsville, AL
The Manufacturing Engineer (Composites Structures) will:
- Work with the launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities.
- Develop, conduct, and assess results of audits of flight critical item manufacture and processes per applicable military and industry/commercial manufacturing standards such as AS6500.
- Create audit plans and checklists, and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
- Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
- Compile and present weekly status charts to AF leadership.
- Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
- Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
- Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
- Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
- Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Physical Sciences; will consider higher education in lieu of experience and more experience in lieu of education.
- 10 years of experience with launch vehicle/space sub-system and process engineering. Strong background in composites structures preferred.
- Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly.
- Experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.
- US Citizenship required.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.