Senior Ground Element Systems Engineer (Job Number:438704)
SAIC is seeking a Ground Systems Engineer to join our Chantilly based team.
Seeking a systems engineer familiar with space systems ground element systems acquisition and related operations and maintenance (O&M) of those systems. The successful candidate will provide direct support for major program acquisitions and their related O&M. This office procures satellite vehicles with associated ground segments. The ground consists of command and control (C2) software and hardware, and includes Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) and networks. Activities leverage understanding of full life cycle system support from procurement to O&M including requirements analysis, requirements tracking, system design and development through systems test, delivery, installation and sell-off at multiple sites.
- Provide both formal and informal feedback on program status and recommendations on the best way forward
- Participate in test procedure reviews and witnessing
- Acquisition support (e.g. assisting the government in the development of statements of work (SOW), performing technical evaluations on proposals, analyzing performance, cost and schedule metrics)
- Provide systems engineering support to ground element system to include interface definition, requirements development and flow-down, software and hardware design, participation in design and program reviews, site integration, test planning, deployment and operations.
- Act as software lead provide technical and programmatic support to the software lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise on modernized architectures
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and 14+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Must have strong background in Ground Systems
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2018, 1:33:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job