NASA Ames Chief Engineer - Military veterans preferred
2018-11-12 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Moffett Field California 94035 United States
SAIC has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Engineer in the field of astrobiology. We are seeking a Chief Engineer to support programs out of NASA’s Ames Research Center (ARC), located at Moffett Field, California. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The selected candidate will provide leadership to technical teams supporting NASA ARC on multiple ongoing missions and in the development of technical capabilities and scientific experimental applications through all phases of mission and project lifecycles. The Chief Engineer will demonstrate their understanding of the interaction of technical, programmatic, schedule, and cost issues, analyze and work through complex technological programs, design and engineer experiments, and motivate a diverse group of professional engineers, scientists, and technical staff.
BASIC/REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PhD in Physics, Engineering, Astrobiology, or Life Sciences from an accredited institution plus:
1. Demonstrated technical knowledge of on- orbit missions and demonstrations;
2. Demonstrated experience in forming and leading integrated, cross-functional teams for performing on multi-disciplinary projects
3. Demonstrated organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer skills;
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen, comprehend and communicate logically, clearly and informatively in large and small forums;
5. Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a rapid paced, high stress environment.
This position requires experience in the multidisciplinary areas of:
Crewed and non- crewed suborbital and space missions;
Technology demonstration flights;
Biosciences research and development efforts;
Small satellite missions;
Collaborative and distributed science programs;
Aeronautics research projects;
Education and public engagement;
Mission and science support operations.
Knowledge of and experience with current and future NASA programs and projects and familiarity with processes and procedures employed by NASA, and Ames Research Center in particular.
Experience working across NASA Centers in cooperation with Universities in support of multi-disciplinary space related programs and projects and would have held a senior level position in either the US Gov’t or industry with a network of colleagues in the science and technology community.
Minimum of 15 years of experience working on NASA Programs/Projects and a minimum of 10 years of experience working directly on Programs/Projects managed out of NASA, Ames.